This weekend I went up to Tacoma, Washington with my family for my friend Faith's bridal shower. My mom, sisters and I attended while my brothers stopped in Olympia, Washington with my dad. It's always so exciting to see people that you don't usually get to be with everyday. The shower was great and I know that Faith was blessed and humbled to see all the women (and men) we are committed to. No matter where we are we are hearing and building on the same Word.
It's funny because my dad has been saying recently that when there is the forgiveness of sins, you can recieve from anyone. He said natural thoughts would be, "well he/she doesn't have anything for me I mean look at them" or "I'm only going to recieve from him/her because __(fill in the blank)__." This would be lies from the devil and ultimately cuts me off from my friends, brothers, sisters, parents and anyone else I would come in contact with throughout my day. Another thing mu dad told me tonight is for any young woman/girl, the relationship she has with her mom is very important. Don't get me wrong. Our relationship we have with our dad is important too, but; my dad was saying that we learn a lot from our mom (weather it's how to clean, cook, relate to other girls, ect...) If that relationship is not clean or you have unresolved conflict, then you won't be able to recieve from anyone, especially your mom.
Many times there has been a break between my relationship with my mom. Most of the time I am trying to defend why I am right and why she is wrong. Sometimes I have gone hours seperated from and hating my mom (yes it's true). But then someone, my dad or sisters (or anyone really), has to bring me to see that I am sinning and am cut off from my mom.
Now you might be reading this and going, "Okay Elena, what does this have to do with the bridal shower? Where are you going with all of this?"
Well, I'm not even sure myself :). But I do know that at bridal showers or anytime I am with people there has to be the forgiveness of sins. If not, my sin affects not only me, but everyone else that I am around throughout the day. (Plus I really don't enjoy my vocations or don't have any fun at all)!
Thank you for sharing this Elena, I was hearing about the forgiveness of sins in church today, and how it is the solution for all of my life problems. Also, my Grandpa was talking to me yesterday about making sure I am making things easy for my Mom and telling her often that I love and appreciate her.
ReplyDeleteForgiveness of Sins effects every aspect of life, even a bridal shower! It's the answer to your life's problems! One fruit of forgiveness that shows up in your civil life is contentment! Bless you Elena!
ReplyDeleteBonnie - it's true forgiveness does solve all of our problems. It's funny that your Grandpa has been telling you that because my dad has been saying the same thing to me about my mom :)...by the way thanks for commenting I really like reading your comments ;)
ReplyDeleteMarie - bless u too Marie :) maybe I will get to see you this weekend
ReplyDelete